The Bard Office of Sustainability (BOS) promotes sustainability at Bard and in the greater community.
We strive to:
- Make progress toward achieving President Botstein’s American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment (ACUPCC) pledge to achieve climate neutrality by 2035.
- Identify opportunities to lower energy use, reduce risk, enhance living conditions, and offer financial savings.
- Integrate sustainability issues into research, scholarship, and student life.
- Provide student work-study positions and internships.
- Laurie Husted, Chief Sustainability Officer, 845-758-7180, email@example.com
- Dan Smith, Energy Manager and Special Projects Coordinator, 845-758-7451, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katrina Light, Supervisor of Food & Agriculture Programs, email@example.com
- Ella McGrail, Sustainability Engagement Intern, firstname.lastname@example.org
BOS Office Address: Buildings & Grounds, 2nd Floor, Room 200E, PO Box 5000, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504-5000, email@example.com
Students serve on the Sustainability Council, work for BoS through the work study program, and volunteer through the EcoRep program. Additional opportunities arise throughout the year. Example positions include:
- Representatives to the Sustainability Council
- BOS work-study students: Sustainability Engagement Intern, EcoRep Coordinator, Pedicab Pedaler, Recycle Yard Worker, Office Assistant, Special Sustainability Projects, FreeUse Worker, BikeShare Manager
- EcoReps—volunteers in the residence halls
The Sustainability Council (SC) conducts sustainability planning, advises the College on sustainability issues, and collaborates on sustainability events. In addition, they helped move the college along the STARS spectrum from a silver rating to a gold rating for the 2011-2014 reporting period.
The SC awards mini grants of up to $2000 to faculty and staff to develop research projects, classes, pedagogies, or projects on the Annandale campus (or the surrounding region) that promote themes of sustainability. Funding is currently available on a rolling basis through April 7, 2017 for class projects that promote sustainability on campus. Proposals accepted one to two times per year. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for application materials or click on the pdf below the SC Members.
Laurie Husted: Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO)- Sustainability Manager, Office of Sustainability
- Erin Cannan: Chair – Engagement, Dean of Student Affairs, Associate Director of the Center for Civic Engagement
- Felicia Keesing: Chair – Academics, David and Rosalie Rose Distinguished Professor of Science, Mathematics, and Computing
- Dan Smith: Chair – Operations, Energy Manager
- Taun Toay: Chair – Planning & Administration, Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Chief of Staff
Coleen Murphy Alexander: Assoc. VP for Admin & Campus Operations, Timand Bates: Assistant Dean of Students, SAO, Jim Brudvig: Chief Financial Officer, Deanna Cochran: Special Projects Manager, Office of VP for Administration, Katrina Light: Supervisor of Food and Agricultural Programs, Katie Boyle: Bard Center for Environmental Policy and Bard MBA in Sustainability, Sarah de Veer: Bard Center for Civic Engagement